In a recent statement from their website, Texas Parks and Wildlife has announced that they will be partnering with All Water Guides and the Texas River School, to bring you a prize giveaway.
Thirty tagged Guadalupe Bass were released into the Colorado River at locations near Little Webberville Park and near the leased river access sites near Smithville. An angler that catches one between February 4th and August 31st, "will be awarded a prize package and be entered into grand prize drawings at the end of the seven-month period."
Here is what the Texas Parks and Wildlife page says:
Prize Give-Away Information:
- From February 4- August 31, any angler who catches one of 30 tagged Guadalupe bass from the Lower Colorado River near Austin and Smithville will be awarded a prize package and be entered into grand prize drawings at the end of the seven-month period.
- Eligible Guadalupe bass are tagged with visual Floy anchor tags that read “Reward – Clip tag and call TPWD 512-754-6844.” Each tag has a unique ID number.
- Guadalupe bass have been tagged by TPWD in the Colorado River at locations near Little Webberville Park (just east of Austin) and near the leased river access sites near Smithville.
- Anglers who catch an eligible Guadalupe bass should:
- Take photos with the fish with the tag, preferably with the segment of river and habitat where the fish was caught in the background of the photo.
- Clip the tag from the fish and take a photo of the tag legible enough for the tag number to be read. NOTE: DO NOT pull out the tag from the fish.
- Call the number on the tag to report the tagged fish catch, claim a prize, and to be entered into the grand prize drawing. Anglers should be prepared to provide the tag number, submit photos of the catch, and describe where the fish was caught. Submitted photos will become property of TPWD and may be used in social media or in Agency communications.
- Gift packages containing a Yeti 18 oz bottle and a Buff will be awarded for each eligible tagged Guadalupe bass caught, and grand prizes include a half-day guided trip with All Water Guides, a Yeti Tundra Haul cooler, and complimentary canoe/camp site rental at the Texas River School.