Largemouth Bass Catch Odds

largemouth Bass, Largemouth Bass on the Fly, Bass on the fly, Texas Fly Fishing, Fly Fishing Texas

Their is no doubt, the Largemouth Bass is the king of "sportfish" in Texas.  More people fish for Largemouth Bass than any other species.

That being said, as popular as they are to fish for, they might not be the most popular to fish for on the fly.

Anyway, I digress.  I recently stumbled upon this table that I thought you might find interesting, so I wanted to pass it along to you.  

Largemouth Bass, Texas Fly Fishing, Fly Fishing Texas

Although I have looked, I do not know much about about this chart.  I don't know where it came from, I don't know what body/bodies of water it is referring to, and I don't know how they came up with the data.  (If any of you know, please share that with me so I can pass it along.)

Even still, without much information, I find the chart interesting, yet puzzling at the same time.  Here are my questions:
  1. If the odds of your next bass being in the 0-2 pound range are 1 in 2 (50%), then why are your odds of catching a 0-2 pound bass in the next year only 25%?  Or is this saying that 25% of your bass over the next year will probably be in the 0-2 pound range?  That sounds more accurate (obviously dependent upon the body of water you fish and the "lure/fly" you are throwing.
  2. I wonder how this chart would change if it was specific to fly fishing, and even more specifically, Fly Fishing in Texas?
  3. I wonder how this chart would change if specifically targeted monster bass on the fly?
Anyway, those are my questions and thoughts.  What do you think?  Is there anyone in this group that specifically and intentionally tries to target only the monster bass on the fly?  LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!!!

Peace, out-side, Y'all