If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket, and what to get someone (or yourself) something really nice, and Texas fly fishing based, here is TFFF's Holiday Gift Guide for gifts over $100.
Seaborn Tributary Fly Rod - $249.00
Tickets and classes at the Texas Fly Fishing and Brew Festival - $30 and up!
Weekend Pass - $30
Add on classes TFFF would suggest:
- Beginners Fly Casting Class Instructor Rex Walker (Limit 6) - $75
- Hatch Strategies: Beyond Fly Selection with Tom Rosenbauer - $75
- Master's Class: Fly Fishing Tailwaters instructor Pat Dorsey (Limit 16) - $75
- Women Only-Becoming an Independent Angler with Karlie Roland (Limit 16) - $75
- Bourbon & Bass Bugs with Jamie Biel (Limit 16) - $50
- Texas Native: Fly Fishing for Cichlids with Chris Johnson-Saturday Limit 12 - $75
A Guided Trip Down the Devil's River - $1750- $2000
I've done the Devil's River a few times, and even with as popular of a destination as it has become, it is still a wonderful experience. I would certainly recommend using a guide service (I know Expedition Outfitters runs trips, as well as Reel Fly, and several other Texas based guide services.)