|Obviously not a good enough picture to win.|
The 2021 Year of the Rio Photo contest will have 6 Bi-Monthly winners and 1 overall Grand Prize Winner. The contests should be conducted in the spirit of fun, to highlight fly fishing opportunities in Texas' freshwaters.
The Bi-Monthly finalists will be chosen be chosen by Texas Freshwater Fly Fishing. The Bi-Monthly finalists will selected based on (but not limited to) criteria such as quality of the picture, quality of the Rio Grande Cichlid pictured, fly-fishing being an obvious means catching the fish, and number of likes and comments for the picture on Instagram and/or Facebook. The photo should be submitted during the Bi-Monthly in which the fish was caught and the photo was taken (or as closely as possible.) NO BI-MONTHLY WINNER CAN WIN MORE THAN 1 BI-MONTHLY CONTEST. This is all to keep the contest fun and competitive for as many people as possible. However, if you are a bi-monthly winner, you may submit other photos for consideration for the Grand Prize contest (in place of your monthly win.) This is to help those who catch and photograph a better Rio Grande Cichlid picture later in the year.
From these Bi-Monthly finalists, the winners will be chosen by the readers/members of Texas Freshwater Fly Fishing via a virtual poll that will be posted at the end of contest. These polls with be posted on Texas Freshwater Fly Fishing and shared in the Facebook group. Voting for each contest will run for 1 week. The leading vote-getter at the end of that voting period will be declared the winner. TFFF will attempt to contact the winner in order to send them the prize pack. If the winner cannot be reached within a reasonable amount of time, the second place vote-getter will be chosen as the winner.
The Grand Prize winner contest will be a vote between each of the 6 Bi-Monthly winners. This poll will run for approximately week at the end of 2021.
To submit a photo for consideration, there are a couple of options:
- Email the photo to email@example.com
- Post the photo on Instagram using the #YOTRio2021 and tagging @texasfreshwaterflyfishing
Official YOTRio Contest Dates*
- Period 1: January 1, 2021 - February 28, 2021
- Period 2: March 1, 2021 - April 30, 2021
- Period 3: May 1, 2021 - June 30, 2021
- Period 4: July 1, 2021 - August 31, 2021
- Period 5: September 1, 2021 - October 31, 2021
- Period 6: November 1, 2021 - December 10, 2021
- Grand Prize Voting: December 21, 2021 - December 30, 2021
Official YOTRio Contest Rules:
- All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Violators will be removed from the contest, stripped of any prize(s), and banned from entering future contests.
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest channels. Entries not submitted through the proper channel will not be accepted.
- Entries will be judged by Texas Freshwater Fly Fishing. All decisions are final. Texas Freshwater Fly Fishing reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by Texas Freshwater Fly Fishing for advertising purposes.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address or Instagram account provided during entry. If no response is received after three business days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- No Bi-Monthly winner can win more than 1 Bi-Monthly contest.
- The photo entry should have been caught during the period of that Bi-Monthly contest that it was submitted in, or as closely as possible. (For example, if you caught a Rio last July, that photo should not be eligible. If you catch a Rio in February, you should submit it in period one. If you catch a Rio on Feb. 30th and don't have a chance to submit it in time, an exception can be made and you can submit this photo in the next Bi-Monthly contest.)
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
For questions or comments, please contact Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org